Community Development Trusts are enterprises created by communities to enable long term sustainable development in their area.
Our vision for the Fauldhouse and Breich Valley is for clean, attractive and healthy villages with excellent transport links that are a model for thriving locally led sustainable regeneration; places where people of all ages, abilities and circumstances are happy and informed, with their own part to play in the economic, environmental and social life of their villages and the surrounding countryside.
What is the Fauldhouse and Breich Valley Community Development Trust (F&BV CDT)?
F&BV CDT is a organisation set up in 2006 by residents who want to see the best for their home villages.
The aim is to secure resources and assets and catalyse projects for the benefit of all residents.
There are hundreds of Community Development Trusts across Scotland and the UK, and we are a member of the umbrella organisation – Development Trust Association Scotland.
Our key objectives are to:
- Address the social, economic, environmental, physical needs, issues, concerns and aspirations of our communities (Fauldhouse and the Breich Valley).
- Relieve poverty, in particular fuel poverty and food insecurity, among the communities of Fauldhouse and the Breich Valley.
- Advance education and, in particular, to promote opportunities for learning and skills development.
- Promote training with reference to skills which will assist the participants in obtaining paid employment.
- Promote and protect the wellbeing, recreation and physical health of our communities and to assist in the relief of ill health and in the provision of health education.
- Promote, establish, operate and support other schemes and projects of a charitable nature for the benefit of the community in Fauldhouse.
In general, F&BV CDT aims to:
- Contribute to the regeneration of Fauldhouse and the Breich Valley
- Initiate and participate in projects tackling the economic, social, environmental and cultural needs of our community
- Work on projects that complement existing provision in Fauldhouse and the Breich Valley
- Be independent but work in partnership with other private, public and voluntary sector organisations
- Be owned and managed by the local community
- Generate income through trading activity that enables us to move away from dependency on grant support
- Re-invest income generated into the organisation and the community
Who is involved?
F&BV CDT has a membership of approximately 250 people who live or work in Fauldhouse and the Breich Valley.
We are governed by a voluntary Board of Directors who are all local residents.
The Trust currently has eight staff members – F&BV CDT Chief Executive Officer, Eastfield Development Centre Manager, F&BV CDT Office Manager, F&BV CDT Communications Coordinator, Community Development Worker: Anti Poverty and Community Capacity, Community Development Worker and The Hub and Eastfield Development Centre Cleaners.
We also have a number of volunteers who regularly work with F&BV CDT projects.
This organisation is what you make it so please get involved!
The F&BV CDT is a Registered Company: SC0313776 and a Registered Charity: SC038616