About Community Development Trusts
Community Development Trusts are enterprises created by communities to enable long term sustainable development in their area.
Our vision for Fauldhouse is for a clean, attractive and healthy village with excellent transport links that is a model for thriving locally led sustainable regeneration; a place where people of all ages, abilities and circumstances are happy and informed, with their own part to play in the economic, environmental and social life of the village and the surrounding countryside.
What is the Fauldhouse Community Development Trust (FCDT)?
FCDT is a organisation set up by local residents who want to see the best for their home village.
The aim is to secure resources and assets and catalyse projects for the benefit of all residents.
There are hundreds of Community Development Trusts across Scotland and the UK, and we are a member of the umbrella organisation – Development Trust Association Scotland.
In general, the FCDT aim to:
- Contribute to the regeneration of Fauldhouse
- Initiate and participate in projects tackling the economic, social, environmental and cultural needs of our community
- Work on projects that complement existing provision in Fauldhouse
- Be independent but work in partnership with other private, public and voluntary sector organisations
- Be owned and managed by the local community
- Generate income through trading activity that enables us to move away from dependency on grant support
- Re-invest income generated into the organisation and the community
Who is involved?
FCDT has a membership of approximately 250 people who live or work in Fauldhouse.
We are governed by a voluntary Board of Directors who are all local residents.
We currently have six staff members – FCDT/The Hub Project Manager, Communications Worker, Fauldhouse & Breich Valley Timebank Development Worker, Community Development Worker, Admin and Finance Worker and The Hub Cleaner.
We have a number of volunteers who regularly work with FCDT projects.
This organisation is what you make it so please get involved!