This informal group meet upstairs in The Hub’s Community Room on Wednesday afternoons from 1-3pm.
The group have produced various crafts, including
- knitted and crocheted pram baby hats, shawls, jackets and bootees for St John’s Baby Unit,
- made hats for Nepal (children),
- raised £222 for Poppy Scotland,
- crocheted shawls for local nursing homes,
- knitted blankets, butterflies and hats for SiMBA,
- made felt shoes for the Keech Hospice,
- raised over £100 for Fauldhouse village Christmas tree,
- they have also tried the more unusual arm knitting with visiting Timebank project,
- organised coffee mornings in The Hub for the past couple of years as part of the ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ and raised over £2,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- and, of course, created crafts for their friends and families.
In February 2018 Timebank was delighted to be help the Take a Break Craft Group show off their work. There was a week long exhibition in The Hub with tea, coffee and cake available on the final day during the Timebank Social.
If you would like to join the Take a Break Group you would be most welcome. Just pop into The Hub for a coffee/tea on a Wednesday afternoon at 1pm. For more information contact The Hub, email email@example.com or tel 01501 773 699