The Fauldhouse Footers
Under usual (pre-covid) circumstances, the group meet on Thursday mornings for health walks weekly whatever the weather. Rendezvous is 10am at The Hub, 10 Main Street. Walks are moderate and suit most abilities. There are around 7 to 10 walkers attending normally and new members are always welcomed along.
The Living Streets Consultation was originally held in 2010 to look at walking in and around the village. Many issues were raised about the state of pathways and much more. For further information see www.livingstreets.org.uk
Living Streets liaised with West Lothian Council officers to take forward issues raised and some public realm improvements had already been made. Well done to everyone who was involved.
The local walking group, the Fauldhouse Footers, was established in April 2009, with support from Rachel Sedman, F&BV CDT’s Development Worker, and partner agencies, including the Put Your West Foot Forward local initiative.
Take a Break Craft Group
Pre lockdown, this informal group met upstairs in The Hub’s Community Room on Wednesday afternoons.
The group have produced various crafts, including
- knitted and crocheted pram baby hats, shawls, jackets and bootees for St John’s Baby Unit,
- made hats for Nepal (children),
- raised funds for Poppy Scotland,
- crocheted shawls for local nursing homes,
- knitted blankets, butterflies and hats for SiMBA,
- made felt shoes for the Keech Hospice,
- raised funds for the Fauldhouse village Christmas tree,
- they have also tried the more unusual arm knitting with visiting Timebank project,
- organised coffee mornings in The Hub for the past couple of years as part of the ‘World’s Biggest Coffee Morning’ and raised over £2,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support
- and, of course, created crafts for their friends and families.
In February 2018 Timebank was delighted to be help the Take a Break Craft Group show off their work. There was a week long exhibition in The Hub with tea, coffee and cake available on the final day during the Timebank Social.
The Monday Art Group
Pre Covid restrictions this creative group met in The Hub community room on a Monday, supported and mentored by local artist, Sally Lamont. This group was a Timebank initiative.
In 2019 the group participated in workshops run by community artists Ailsa Magnus and Billy Caulfield who had been commissioned to produce a Mining Tribute for Fauldhouse.
Sewing with Sandra
Before the lockdown and Covid restrictions, this like minded group met in The Hub’s community room on a Wednesday morning to sew and support each other with their sewing projects. The group was mentored by local seamstress, Sandra.
This group was a Timebank initiative.
For more information about any of the above groups on possible return dates after lockdown restrictions, contact The Hub, email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel 01501 773 699 to find out what form new arrangements might take.