The Hub Refurbishment

Further recent improvements 2019/20

As part of Town Centre Funding received by F&BV CDT, The Hub has a brand new sign, replacement shutters, heating upgraded, a new coat of paint inside, with stonework repairs outside still to be completed. 

We’re sure you’ll agree, when all the work is finished it will be a building Fauldhouse can be proud of again. The building has been temporarily closed due to Covid 19 with staff working remotely and at the Eastfield Development Centre while some of this work was been completed  The Hub’s offices still need a clean, ready for Scottish Government guidelines allowing staff and volunteers to work from the building again in a safe manner.

10 Main Street, May 2020

10 Main Street, May 2020

Refurbishment 2010/11

F&BV CDT bought a building to create a self-sustaining facility for the communities of Fauldhouse and the Breich Valley.

Ownership of 10 Main Street, Fauldhouse was obtained on 31 March 2010. 95% of the purchase price was awarded by the Big Lottery Growing Community Assets fund and the remaining 5% came from LEADER (European funding).

The Hub during its refurbishment

10 Main Street during its refurbishment

The building refurbishment was completed by May 2011. Funding for the construction works and new equipment needed came from the Lottery Growing Community Assets fund, The Levenseat Trust (Landfill Tax), Third Sector Enterprise Fund (Scottish Government) and LEADER (European funds).

The Hub provides premises for the F&BV CDT and is the base for the F&BV CDT’s current and future projects. The West Lothian Social Enterprise Network (WLSEN) is currently housed in The Hub.

The interior being refurbished

Initial running costs have been mostly grant funded (by the Lottery), with an ever increasing amount raised through income generation. Income is raised from room rentals and project management. The intention is for the building to be self-sustaining in five years.

Here are some of the ideas for The Hub that came from our original community consultation

  • A venue for positive activities for local people, including health walks, youth events, arts & crafts/sewing/cooking workshops and a Community Cinema
  • Retail space for small social economy groups and local businesses
  • Office space for voluntary organisations and social economy groups
  • Printing and administration services for community groups, social economy groups and local businesses
  • An outreach venue for various West Lothian-wide agencies involved with employment, business start-up assistance, skills training, volunteering, youth projects etc.
  • A coffee area for people to socialise (without alcohol) and meet informally
  • A soft play area for pre-school children (closed until further notice)
  • A gallery for local artists and educational displays
  • Access to all types of information

Solar Electricity PV (Photovoltaic) Panels

Renewable Resources Scotland Ltd installed solar cells to the roof to generate our own electricity from the sun. We could meet a big part of our electricity costs, whilst reducing our carbon footprint, over the next 25 years.

What's on in Fauldhouse

Jul
7
Tue
2020
8:00 am Library @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Library @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Jul 7 @ 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
Library @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
 
9:00 am Fauldhouse Playgroup @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Fauldhouse Playgroup @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Jul 7 @ 9:00 am – 11:30 pm
Fauldhouse Playgroup @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
 
9:00 am Xcite Gym @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Xcite Gym @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Jul 7 @ 9:00 am – 8:30 pm
Xcite Gym @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Please note that the gym closes on Wednesdays between 2 and 4pm
4:45 pm SMK Dance Works @ Eastfield Development Centre
SMK Dance Works @ Eastfield Development Centre
Jul 7 @ 4:45 pm – 7:00 pm
SMK Dance Works @ Eastfield Development Centre | Fauldhouse | Scotland | United Kingdom
 
6:00 pm Girls Youth Club @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Girls Youth Club @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Jul 7 @ 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Girls Youth Club @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
 
6:30 pm Book Group @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Book Group @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre
Jul 7 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Book Group @ Fauldhouse Partnership Centre | Fauldhouse | Scotland | United Kingdom